Public Hearing: European Parliament Committee on Budgets
Time: 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Location: European Parliament Committee on Budgets, Brussels
The event is for: anyone
European Parliament Committee on Budgets, Public Hearing:
"Preparing for the MFF post-2020: assessing strengths and weaknesses of the current MFF system and its relation to the Europe 2020 strategy".
FairTax researcher Margit Schratzenstaller gives a keynote speech.
FairTax at a glance
- Revisioning the ‘Fiscal EU’: Fair, Sustainable, and Coordinated Tax and Social Policies - FairTax, is a cross-disciplinary research project.
- Funded 2014-2018 by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
- Aiming to produce recommendations on how fair and sustainable taxation and social policy reforms can increase the economic stability of EU Member States.
- Coordinated by professor Åsa Gunnarsson, Umeå University.
- 11 participating partner universities from 9 countries.
- Methods and theories are based in law, sconomics, accounting, ethnography, gender studies, economic history, business, and statistics.