FairTax meets COFFERS - open research seminar
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The event is for: anyone
Location: The Permanent Representation of the Czech Republic, at Rue Caroly 15, 1050 Brussels
For more information, please go to event site:
To register for this event, please go to:
The EU confronts persistent inequalities in income, wealth and opportunity and between generations, gender and regions. One common underlying factor is deficiencies in fiscal systems. FairTax aims to produce recommendations how fair and sustainable taxation and social policy reforms can increase the economic stability of EU Member States. COFFERS identifies deficiencies and opportunities for upgrading in tax law, tax policy development, and tax administration.
FairTax at a glance
- Revisioning the ‘Fiscal EU’: Fair, Sustainable, and Coordinated Tax and Social Policies - FairTax, is a cross-disciplinary research project.
- Funded 2014-2018 by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
- Aiming to produce recommendations on how fair and sustainable taxation and social policy reforms can increase the economic stability of EU Member States.
- Coordinated by professor Åsa Gunnarsson, Umeå University.
- 11 participating partner universities from 9 countries.
- Methods and theories are based in law, sconomics, accounting, ethnography, gender studies, economic history, business, and statistics.