The Research Institute for Sustainability and Ethics in Business (RiseB) strives to be a force for change in a sustainable and ethical direction. This is achieved by developing and communicate research, and by training and interacting in relation to business-related decision making. Questions on the individual and organizational levels are focused and a diversity of perspectives and methods is seen as necessary to analyze globally recognized social and environmental problems. Different types of organizational forms are studied and activities at the institute involve researchers from all research areas at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics (USBE) at Umeå University and also researchers and networks within and outside the University of Umeå.
The purposes of the institute are to:
- Conduct and publish research in the area of sustainability and ethics in business.
- Stimulate an active research environment including seminars, workshops, guest researchers and strategic collaborations.
- Develop new research projects related to the key areas of the institute.
- Facilitate support for research activities and funding applications.
- Communicate research results with the broader community.
- Assist in the development of higher education in the key areas of the institute.
- Provide a forum for debating issues concerning business, sustainability and society.
At RiseB we are always interested in coming in contact with companies, organizations, networks, researchers, students and the public to discuss sustainability and business ethics.
Responsible for the institute is Herman Stål at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics, Umeå University.